“Eating meat and dairy products clogs your arteries and
contributes to animal suffering. It takes 17 pounds of grain to produce one
pound of meat. If we just eat the grain and leave the animals alone, we would
feed the entire world and stop starvation” -Russell Simmons
- More than 70 percent of the grains we grow are fed to
farm animals, simply to keep them alive, not keep them growing.
- Almost half of the water consumed in the United States
is used for livestock.
- 80 percent of our agricultural land is used to raise
animals for food.
- The farm animal industry uses about 1/3 of America’s
- Farmed animals produce about 130 times as much waste
(86,000 pounds per second) than the US human population, which pollutes our
water, topsoil and air.
- Seven football fields worth of land is bulldozed every
minute to create more room for farmed animals.
- Each vegetarian saves one acre of trees and over 100
animals every year.
- It takes up to 17 pounds of grain to produce one pound
- Crops are being used to fatten animals when they could
be used to feed the hungry.
- Raising animals for food produced more greenhouse
gases than all of the cars and trucks in the world combined.
- You can save more water by not eating one pound of
beef than you can by not showering for an entire year.