1. The base of the test rig will consist of a 1' squared plate made of wood
2. A bearing will be press fit into a counter bored hole in the wood base.
3. A universal joint will be press fit into the bearing to allow for 2 degrees of freedom
4. Attached to the universal joint will be a 1/4" solid nylon rod 24" long.
5. At the end of the rod a clevis joint will be mounted to allow for 1 degree of freedom for the duct
6. The clevis will attach directly to the ducted fan.
7. All specification sheets are below along with CAD drawings of design specified.
|Specification Sheet Links||AutoCAD drawings|
|Nylon Support Rod|
Specific Parts List for Test Rig
|Item||Dimensions||Vendor||Part #||Quantity||Unit Price|
|Steel Ball Bearing||OD- 1 1/8", ID- 1/2", WD- 3/8"||McMaster-Carr||6384K61||1||4.45|
|Nylon Clevis||1/4" 28 thread||McMaster-Carr||2449K12||1||3.09|
|Nylon 6/6 Rod||diam- 1/4", length-24"||Small Parts, Inc||ZRN-04||1||1.45|
|Universal Joint||Length -1.82", bore size- 1/4"x1/4"||Small Parts, Inc||UJD-13-4/4||1||19.95|
1. Build test rig from ordered parts
2. Demo test rig with ducted fan for experimentation.
3. Document with video.
Picture 1 - Parts unassembled
Picture 2 - Test rig full assembled w/ducted fan
Video 1 - Simulation of ducted fan attached to test rig