- ICRA-12 "Mathematical Programming for Multi-Vehicle Motion Planning Problems" Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on
Robotics and Automation, pp. 3315-3322, 2012.
- IROS-11 "Decentralized multi-vehicle path coordination under communication constraints" IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2306-2313, 2011.
- ICRA-09 "Multi-vehicle path coordination in support of communication" Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3237-3244, 2009.
- IMA-09 "Using Interior-Point Methods within an Outer Approximation Framework
for Mixed-Integer Nonlinear Programming" IMA Volume on Mixed-Integer Nonlinear Programming, pp. 225-243, Editors Jon Lee and Sven Leyffer, Springer, 2012.
- EORMS-09 "Interior-Point Linear Programming Solvers" Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, Editor James J. Cochran, John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
- OMS-08 (with A. Sen and D.F. Shanno)
"Convergence Analysis of an Interior-Point Method for Nonconvex Nonlinear Programming"
In preparation for submission to Optimization Methods and Software, August 2010
- OMS-07 "Mixed-Integer Nonlinear Programming Using Interior-Point Methods"
Optimization Methods and Software 26(6), 911-931, 2011.
- ACC-08 (with P. Abichandani and M. Kam)
"Multi-Vehicle Path Coordination under Communication Constraints"
Proceedings of the American Control Conference, 2008.
- AOR-08 (with I. Griva, D.F. Shanno, R.J. Vanderbei)
"Global Convergence of a Primal-Dual Interior-Point Method for Nonlinear Programming"
Algorithmic Operations Research, 3.1: 12-19, March 2008.
- COAP-08 (with D.F. Shanno)
"Interior-Point Methods for Nonconvex Nonlinear Programming: Regularization and Warmstarts"
Computational Optimization and Applications 40(2), 143-189, June 2008.
- COAP-07 (with D.F. Shanno)
"An Exact Primal-Dual Penalty Method Approach to Warmstarting Interior-Point Methods for Linear Programming"
Computational Optimization and Applications 38(3), 371-399, December 2007.
- COAP-06 (with A. Sen, D.F. Shanno, and R.J. Vanderbei)
"Interior-Point Algorithms, Penalty Methods, and Equilibrium Constraints"
Computational Optimization and Applications 34(2), 155-182, June 2006.
- NEDSI-06 (with W. Hu and X. Liu)
"Nonlinear Programming for Supply Chain Management: A Survey and Extensions"
Proceedings of the Northeast Decision Sciences Institute, Puerto Rico, USA 2006.
"Optimal pricing and procurement strategies in a supply chain with multiple capacitated suppliers"
Proceedings of the Northeast Decision Sciences Institute Meeting, Philadelphia, USA, 2005.
- AIMS-04 (with A. Banerjee)
"Lot Sizing for Group Technology Cells: A Mixed Integer Nonlinear Model with Complementarity Constraints"
Proceedings of the Second AIMS International Conference on Management, 2004
(with R.J. Vanderbei and D.F. Shanno)
``Interior-Point Methods for Nonconvex Nonlinear Programming: Jamming and Comparative Numerical Testing''
Mathematical Programming Series A 99(1), 35-48, January 2004.
- Erice-03 (with D.F. Shanno and R.J. Vanderbei)
``A Comparative Study of Large Scale Nonlinear Optimization Algorithms''
In High Performance Algorithms and Software for Nonlinear Optimization,
G. Di Pillo and A. Murli, editors, pages 94-126, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003.
- Seventh DIMACS Challenge.
(with R.J. Vanderbei)
``Solving Problems with Semidefinite and Related Constraints Using Interior-Point Methods for Nonlinear
Math Programming B, 95(2), 279-302, February 2003.
- GHGT-6. (with J.M. Ogden)
"Mathematical Programming Techniques for Designing Minimum
Cost Pipeline Networks for CO2 Sequestration"
Proceedings of the Sixth Green
House Gas Technologies Conference, Kyoto, Japan, 2002.
(with D.F. Shanno and R.J. Vanderbei)
``Interior-Point Methods for Nonconvex Nonlinear Programming: Filter
Methods and Merit Functions''
Computational Optimization and Applications, 23(2): 257-272, November 2002.
- ORFE 02-02. (with D.F. Shanno and R.J. Vanderbei)
``Interior-Point Methods for Nonconvex Nonlinear Programming:
- ORFE 99-01.
(with R.J. Vanderbei)
``On Formulating Semidefinite Programming Problems as Smooth
Convex Nonlinear Optimization Problems''
- SOR 98-09.
(with R.J. Vanderbei)
``Using LOQO to Solve Second-Order Cone Programming Problems''
I have been working on creating a library of test problems written in AMPL.
Optimization Problems with Multiple Characteristics
I have also been working on creating a library of mixed-integer nonlinear
programming test problems with other interesting characteristics, such as cone constraints and
I have been working with and making enhancements to Dr. Robert
J. Vanderbei's interior-point method code for nonconvex nonlinear programming, LOQO.
I have also recently started working on a Matlab-based code for Mixed-Integer Linear and Nonlinear Optimization,
One of my recent research interests has been warmstarting of interior-point methods. The links for the two papers
I co-authored with Dave Shanno on warmstarting for linear programming and nonlinear programming problems are provided
above. I have also provided a link to the paper I wrote on solving mixed-integer nonlinear programming problems using
these techniques. All papers required extensive numerical testing on a wide-range of models. These models and numerical
results can be obtained from here.
Curriculum Vitae --
Last updated on January 23, 2013.