1. Advanced Data; Vital and Health Statistics of the Center for Disease Control; National Center for Health Statistics; Number 217; 16 September 1992
2. September 1996 prices and models.
3. Platform scales weighing 70 pounds are designed for loads up to 800 pound, only 12 times their own weight.
4. According to survey nurses' aids without a high-school diploma often weigh patients in larger facilities.
5. Devices weighing greater than 20 pounds become uncomfortable to carry even with intermittent carriage.
6. H. Harwood & S. Langford, Cardinal Scale; 11 Jun 93; Lawrence Zalusky, Continental Scale; 1 Apr 93.
7. Statistical Abstracts of the United States, 1998
8. Questionaire was developed with assistance of the Management Department, Drexel University, Phila. Pa.
9. The only exception concerned the number of multiple units required for any single department.
10. Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses; US Dept of Labor; Bur Labor Statistics, 1994
11. Profile of RN and Nursing Aides Injuries in Health Service in Penna; Bur labor Statistics, 1994
12. Hospital Statistics 94/95, Table 5A; American Hospital Association
13. Standard & Poor Industry Survey: Health Care; Sep 1996
14. Based on conversations with nursing supervisors at survey sites.
15. Bed Distribution: US Health, Table 107; US Dept. of Health & Human Services, 1995.
16. Nursing Home Statistical Yearbook; Cowles Research Group Inc., 1995
17. Medical Groups in the US; American Medical Association, 1996
18. D.B. Moskowitz, Ed; Health Care Almanac & Yearbook 1995 [Faulkner & Gray, NY] p B-69
19. An insignificant number of persons below age 65 are likely to be non-ambulatory because of these ailments and those above age 75 are most likely treated at outpatient facilities or rely on home care providers.
20. Clearinghouse; Adm. by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of South Carolina
21. D. Schatzman; H.S. Cummins;The Certificate of Medical Necessity (Medical Resources, Inc, Cherry Hill, 1987)
22. Standard Manual Wheelchair Market: Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast; Frost & Sullivan, 1994
23. Difficulty in Using Lower Extremities; American Rehabilitation, Summer 1990
24. American Health Consultants; BBI Newsletter; Information Access Company; Jul 1995
25. Basic Statistics About Home Care, National Association for Home Care, 1995
26. Distributed by Continental Scale Corp for manufacturer Before, Inc
27. Dun & Bradstreet Million Dollar Directory, 1996
28. Data from Schonfeld & Assoc.; Advertising Age, 1 Jul 96, p11
RETURN TO MARKET EVALUATION